It All Ends 7/15.


    I’m totally writing this blog post in the theater waiting for the Harry Potter movie to start. I’m sitting on the stairs next to the wall because my laptop is too low on battery otherwise. As you might have surmised from other posts and if you follow me on Twitter, I am a 100%, bonafide, Harry Potter dork. No, I don’t dress up for the midnight showing, and some might argue that negates any credibility that I had as a Harry Potter enthusiast, but I tend to disagree. I wear my robes on the inside, and my insides are hearty shades of crimson and gold. I’m SO excited for this final chapter in the Harry Potter series, but it is, as is it for many of you, bittersweet. I think, as disturbed and sad as it may sound, that I’ll feel a little hollow (no, not Hallow), as I did after I finished the last page of the final book. A twinge of sadness, knowing that there won’t be anymore to read or watch of the adventures of our dear Harry Potter, Hermione, and Ron. I’m SO looking forward to Molly Weasley screaming the line we’ll not shortly forget, departing from her usually jovial, friendly self to take her revenge on Bellatrix. (If you’ve read the books, you know what I’m talking about) It’s going to be amazing stuff.

    For today’s nails, I knew that I had to do something to say goodbye to the series, since this is the last midnight showing that we’ll get to partake in for our beloved Harry Potter movies. I wanted to do something that I haven’t seen someone else do, something that I myself haven’t done either. I settled upon the amazing poster design for this 8th and final installment, with Harry and Voldemort head to head, with only the elder wand to separate them. I also did the Deathly Hallows symbol on the pinky, as well as the HP of the Harry Potter logo on the thumb. I photographed them, then splattered red polish on the ring and thumb to simulate the blood that was splattered on the series of posters, then photographed them again. :)

    After the movie edit: Holy crap. That movie was incredible. 






    I used CND Oilslick as a base, with China Glaze Millennium for the silver in the HP and the Deathly Hallows. For Voldemort, I used American Apparel Cotton, Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver, and A Beautiful Life Poison. For Harry, I used American Apparel Cotton, CND Oilslick, Zoya Helen, A Beautiful Life Poison, and American Apparel Raccoon (for hair). For the background on the Harry, Voldemort and Wand nails, I used Nicole By OPI My Lifesaver in different opacities, as well as American Apparel Cotton. For the Wand, I used American Apparel Raccoon, the CND Oilslick and American Apparel Cotton for the hands at the base of the wand. For the blood splatters, I used A Beautiful Life Poison. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche vite top coat.

    NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews