I HAD ENOUGH. NO MORE BAD SERVICE, SINGAPORE.

    This is not just a, i-whine-i-go post. This, is a start of something. Something i'm gonna do, to play my small part in making Singapore (this country i major love for all the good stuff and even some of the not-so-great stuff) a better place for everyone.

    For tourist, for your father, your mother, your grandmother, your grandfather, your auntie, your siblings, your gf, your bf, the people you love, yourself, and me. THIS IS FOR US, SINGAPOREANS.

    *STAND ON TABLE, FIST IN THE AIR*

    I WANT TO HEAR YOU SHOUT!!!

    Okay, shout what? Yes, this is what i'm gonna be sharing, and live by, from this post on.

    I say first, I AM FUCKING ANGRY.

    It's about the service sector in Singapore. I don't care about service sector else where, heck, i don't stay there. But this is home *refrains self from singing* I eat here, i buy stuff here, i spend money here, and if i can do all these without being served, aka "Self-service" i'd be fine.

    Fully machine-operated supermarket? Fine by me. Robots serving me my food, or even cooking it? Bring it! It's so interesting! Fully machine-operated cinema? From the ticket office, to snack bar, to the entrance ticket checker. GREAT. It's gonna save us a lot of time, why not! =D

    Oh but those people from service sector losing their jobs, NOT FINE.

    So, we have human to serve us, so they have a job. And in return, we get.. Hmm.. Personal touch. You know, personal touch, people talking to us, asking us what we want, preparing it and then selling it to us. And saying "Thank you" to us with a smile - Personal touch.

    You know what, i don't even need the person serving me to smile. I just hope he/ she is not in a bad mood. Yeah, this is how little i expect, after all the bad service i encountered.

    I.. Am not a mean person. Okay. But WHY.. WHY DO I GET BAD SERVICE IN MY FACE, sooooo often?!?!

    I say "thank you" to all the service providers becox i respect what they do. They provide a service that i need. I say "thank you". But sadly, hardly service providers show the same kind of gratitude back at me (us), for paying for their service, for creating a demand for what they sell, for them to make a living out of it.

    If i buy food, i'd say "thank you" like at least three times. I order, i say "thank you". I request to add or remove something, i say "can i please trouble you to add...." and then i say "thank you". When i pay, i say "thank you".

    On rare occasion, if the stall auntie/ uncle reply me "You're welcome! You thank me ah? I should thank you! Haha" then we laugh and then i say "Haha! Okay! Bye bye~" =DDD Like this, i even smile like this =DDD to them. PLEASE?!?! I should totally be in the service sector i swear. Lol.

    VERY HARD MEH?! "thank you" and "please" only what!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD for so many people?!?!

    So anyway. It may seem like i've been very anal when it comes to customer service.

    Here's my first appearance on front page of Wanbao (a local newspaper), back in 2008.


    Summary of the whole write up = I AM AN UNREASONABLE BITCH who writes abusive stuff on my blog about a cashier who cheated me of 10cents.

    Yeah, you got it right, 10cents.

    I wrote about it here. I was pissed becox she not only wanted to cheat me of 10 cents, she implied that i want to cheat her of 10cents. Bla bla bla.

    In the article they also mentioned about my other bad encounter with a courier company phone operator lady, who shouted at me over the phone. Which, i wrote about here.

    So basically, in the article, i am this stingy, calculative, mean, self-obsessed (this one i cannot disagree thou lol) bitch who is mean to all the people who serve me.

    Really? ME? Sigh. It might not seem like it to you, but i think i'm quite polite to everyone i meet in real life leh. Like if any doorman opens the door for me at the building lobby or hotel or something, i'd run that 5 meters to get to the door asap and thank him or her a few times please.

    That to me is already very good service please. I mean, opening the door and waiting for me to exit. That's awesome service, to me.

    Anyway. So i was saying about that article on the newspaper about me being too critical about bad service. Hmm.. There's actually nothing to be critical about, on bad service. There is only things to be critical about, on service. Becox being critical is to find fault about something.

    I wasn't finding fault but THEIR FAULT, WAS IN MY FACE. No really, they shoved it right at my face. What service? NO SERVICE dude. Nothing. It was just bad experience(s).
    Just couple of months back, a blogpost of me writing about some restaurant in a five star hotel, who provided pretty lousy service, got on the newspaper. You can read the post here if you're keen.
    Mich sent me these screenshots so i thought i'd show you.

    You know what i learnt from all these newspaper articles? Even though they think i'm this loud bitch who is very fussy about stuff, or even when they wrote about me and the boob job etc, THEY ALWAYS LABEL ME AS 美女 (pretty girl?) LOLOLOL.

    That's why i never really took any offense to any of these biased articles. Hahahaha.

    So back on the topic on service. I give you brief encounters my family members, my friends and i went through, okay? You tell me, if i'm being too critical, or is it me, you, us, is it just us, having to bear with shit service day in, day out?!

    APEX HUB at NEX, YOUR RECEPTIONIST IS A VERY, VERY BAD GUY WHO TELL LIES
    My friend, let's call her G, she bought a deal from some coupon site, for her mum. It's for spa/ massaging etc, at a company call APEX Hub (located at NEX). It's actually for her mum's birthday. So she called two weeks before the appointment date, to book a weekday, late noon appointment. A guy, took down her appointment for her.

    On the day itself, she accompanied her mum to APEX HUB and the first thing she did was to take out the deal voucher print out, and then she told the guy at the recept that she is here for spa/ massage services, and she passed the voucher (which doesn't state any name) to the guy.

    The guy didn't even ask her for her name, nor for her appointment time, the guy took a look at the voucher, and then say "OH, this one. We only do by appointment. You don't have an appointment so you cannot do today"

    So G told him "I actually made an appointment, you can check for my name and phone number". Then you know what the guy said?

    "No i don't see your appointment in my record"

    PLEASE, G HASN'T EVEN TELL HIM HER NAME AND CONTACT NUMBER.

    Why?!?!?! Not happy to serve customers who bought your company services from deal site at a cheaper price??? THEN DON'T DO COLLABORATION WITH COUPON SITES. FUCKING SMELLY DICK.

    So G ask him "How you know?! I haven't even tell you my name and phone number"

    Then he reply "Okay, then can i have your name and phone number?"

    She gave, then he say "No. There is no appointment booked by you"

    She say "How can it be? I remember i spoke to a guy, about two weeks ago! And the guy helped me make my appointment"

    Smelly dick say "Which guy? I am the only guy working here. I have never took your appointment before"

    So she say "No no no, hold on a second, i remember your voice and the way you speak, YOU are the one who helped me make my appointment!"

    That guy is a sissy, so he speaks in a certain way lah okay. Distinguished way. Plus he say he's the only guy working there. So now there's only two reasons to why this shit is happening, right?

    1) He booked the appointment wrongly on other day, or he totally forgot to book the appointment for G

    2) He sees the deal coupon print out and he is reluctant to treat customers who pay lesser than full price nicely.

    EITHER WAY, G didn't want to create a scene for his cb mistake and she tried to tell him about how it's the mother's birthday etc. So she requested for a slot now if any, or slightly later (she can go for a bite with her mum then come back for spa/ massage).

    The guy say NO SLOT the whole day. And he also say even if there are slots, customers who choose to use coupon vouchers will only be entertained if they made prior appointment.

    WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?! On a regular weekday, late noon, where most people are working, THIS LOUSY FUCKED UP SPA, dare treat customers like this??!!!?!? NO SLOTS?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

    GROUPON, WHY YOU PARTNER SUCH SHIT COMPANY?!?!?!?!?

    That guy messed up customer's appointment, treats customers like shit, and lie about having no slots for whole day, when the main idea is HE IS JUST FUCKING UNHAPPY TO SERVE CUSTOMERS WHO BUY VOUCHERS FROM COUPON SITES.

    Now i hope you're happy, you lying faggot. I hope your parents are proud of you. Of how you screw up people's mother's birthday pampering treat.

    V8 Cafe at Bugis Junction, I HOPE THIS FREE ADVERTISEMENT WILL HELP YOU EARN MORE MONEY =) Stop trying to earn by selling mayonnaise sauce.
    My sister and her daughter went to V8 Cafe (they use to serve nicer food back then, like yearssss ago, their fish and chips was mainly why our family will visit this cafe but now their food suckballs, just my personal opinion). My sister visit pretty often, and have their loyalty/ VIP/ membership card whatever.

    My niece will always order fish and chips, and fish and chips is served with one small saucer of mayonnaise sauce. And this time, my sister ordered lamb chop.

    So my niece and my sister both finished the mayonnaise and asked for one more, which, was also finished lah. Don't judge okay. Both got french fries all, and i don't believe customers in a restaurant, paying restaurant-price, cannot choose what dip they want to eat their french fries and fish cutlet with.

    So they asked for one more, which is technically the second serving they asked for becox the first mayonnaise was a given, with the fish and chips. So my niece walked up to one of the young lady server and asked if she could have one more mayonnaise sauce.

    The lady told her "NO. You have to pay one dollar for mayonnaise sauce you know!"

    So my niece walked back and tell my sister about it. And my sister was curious cox they dined there for many times, not all the times they asked for second serving of mayonnaise sauce, but when they do, nobody informed her of this $1 for mayonnaise sauce policy.

    So she went to ask the server, if this is something new they practise.

    The lady told my sister "This girl *point at my niece* ask for mayonnaise TWICE!"

    So my sister said "This is not about the $1. I am asking you, if this is a new policy as before i asked for mayonnaise, i wasn't asked to pay $1"

    She rolled her eyes and then walk to the manager to ask him to talk to my sister. They wanted to give free mayonnaise to my sister and niece after that. But my sister declined. The manager didn't apologise, he just offer in a way "So madam, i bring the mayonnaise to you for free?"

    So my sister sent an online feedback form on their website.

    MUCH TO OUR AMUSEMENT AND SURPRISE, A LADY FROM V8 CAFE CALLED MY SISTER.

    She started with "HALLO. V8 ah. You got what problem? The mayonnaise sauce of course we must charge! We never increase our price over the years, we gave her one mayo, she still ask for one more, LIKE THIS HOW WE MAKE MONEY?!"

    SO SPOKESPERSON FROM V8, you plan to make money from selling mayonnaise sauce now? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?!?!? Is that why your food standard drop so drastically over the years? You're not motivated to earn small money is it? Nobody is forcing you to keep charging whatever price you are charging currently ah! WHY NOT INCREASE THE PRICE OF YOUR YUCKY FOOD THEN? =D

    Increase it!!! Then maybe you won't have teenagers who visit your restaurant intending to pay $8.80 for your fish and chips..
    This is from a girl who replied me on Twitter. They ask a simple question to the staff at V8 "Why so expensive huh?" Becox the girls honestly didn't notice the prices will be subjected to 10% service charge and 7% GST. So the fish and chips turned out to be $10.40 around there.

    Instead of responding professionally with explanation, the staff asked the girls "You never eat in high class restaurant before huh?"

    WOOOOOoOooOoooo. Congrats V8!!! This is truly high-class service!!!! Yes please increase your price to high-class price!!! I bet you will have tonnes of people willing to pay more for your great service and meh-ish food!

    Please. If i order pork chop, and i ask for more sauce, it's probably becox i simply find the pork chop too dry! And i prefer to eat it with more sauce.

    If it's truffle sauce, or even mushroom sauce, something that the chef needs to cook/ prepare, i understand, i'd pay for it.

    But MAYONNAISE?! It should be like chili and ketchup, no?! In any case, this is not about the $1. It's about how the staff and the spokesperson handled the situation. The fact that the lady called my sister to yell at my sister over the phone, is disastrous.

    I will never again step foot into that restaurant that serves meh-ish food, with staff and spokesperson all working a diva attitude. To think that last year my sister arranged for the whole family to celebrate my birthday there. I always knew their food taste normal, on par or below par food court standard but they charge slightly lesser than restaurants. Being so freaking mediocre as they are, i cannot comprehend why they would wanna throw such bad service stunts.

    V8, you need to fan xing fan xing.

    This taxi uncle win
    I hop on to a cab at Pasir Ris, wanting to make my way to Tampines.

    About one minute into the ride, i ask the uncle

    "Uncle, 请问你可以把冷气关小一点吗? Sorry ah, 因为有一点冷"
    It means "Uncle, can you please switch the air con to be less cold? Sorry, cox it's a bit cold here"

    He reply me "Pasir Ris 跟 Tampines 很近而已嘛! 还要调什么?!"
    It means "Pasir Ris and Tampines very close to each other, adjust for what?"

    I kept quiet after that. He wins!
    - - - - - - -
    So you see? Is it just me? Is it just you? I doubt! It's not our fault. It's the people out there, earning a living by serving people, and they are not happy about it, sometimes.

    Then do something else with your life if you have the capability to. If not, please live with what you can do, and do your job well. Everybody has a calling, okay. "行行出状元", got hear before not? Be professional leh!

    It's not like i only complain about bad service and don't acknowledge good ones.

    I've written quite a fair number of compliment letters to any remarkable service i've enjoyed.

    From the Malay auntie cashier at Punggol Plaza KFC (i think her name is Jumilah) who is so ever ready to serve with a smile, to the fantastic bunch of enthusiastic staff at Fish and Co Bugis, to the SBS bus driver of bus 65 who was super patient and helpful with old folks boarding his bus.. All of them and more that i can't remember now, i make an effort to write compliment letters to their companies.

    BUT IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! *smash raw fish like Gordon Ramsay* IT'S RAW!!!!! Our service sector, is raw!!!

    Do all these people in the service line have to go through some sort of personality test to gauge if they are human-friendly?!!?

    I mean you can't just recruit any ah mao ah gou who comes interview for an easy job, and then put them at the frontline and let the customers deal with all that shit. Right?

    It's unfair!!!!! It's okay if they have some sort of physical or actual mental disablities. But if it's the attitude that's fucked up, EVERYTHING IS FUCKED.

    Companies.. Please.. Screen who you hired. Please?

    Imagine if it's your loved ones, going out there, having to face these people with really bad attitude, and then when you make feedback about it, they turnaround to embarrass you.

    Imagine if your dad who can't speak english, gets mistreated at some restaurant who thinks he is 'low-class', or your grandma, being yelled at by the cashier at the super market. How would you feel?

    I made a pact to myself, that i will share all the good and bad services i encounter. Or any pointers i picked up that can help improve the service sector. I will write them all down. This, i believe will help improve the service standard in Singapore.

    Not just the atas standard in hotels and restaurants. But really, the service we have to receive everyday from people at the frontline. Cashier, bus drivers, taxi drivers, movie ticketer, receptionist, toilet attendance, F&B servers, salesgirls, customer service phone operator.. They make up a HUGE part of our lives. How can we let the blacksheeps rot like this?!

    Sidetrack a little, THE GOOD AND PASSIONATE ONES, YOU DESERVE A BIG SHOUT OUT TOO!!! JIAYOU IN WHAT YOU DO GREAT AT =DDD

    And besides, good service will bring up our country's image all together. So feeling very very inspired, i have decided to set up this blog.

    Click to visit the blog thou there's nothing much now lol.

    I open the invitation to anyone who feels strongly about this whole service thing, to share your thoughts with me.

    But of course you have to have an identity to own up to the experiences and encounters you share about. Cannot be anonymous. If you wanna be part of this initiation, email me please!

    Here's how it works, you blog about it on your own blog, if it's reasonable, not in anyway flaming for no reason.. I'd put up an abstract of your post with the link to your post.

    It's time we stop living with bad service, and brushing it off by saying "Ah forget it lah, i just won't patronise this shop anymore" NO! We have to let everyone know if it's bad. If we can deter one customer from spending with that company, we prevent. So we share.

    The good, and the bad. Who knows, maybe we can make this blog so influential that it'd be a deciding factor that make or break a company's image. Lol.

    This blog will belong to us. US WHO DESERVES TO BE TREATED NORMALLY by NORMAL people who are glad to serve. And we should not have to worry about what if.. Our waitress is in a bad mood. What if the salesgirl is in a bad mood.. And also we'd know what places to avoid, if we don't wanna meet fucked up people holding jobs they dislike.

    Now stand on the table, put your fist in the air, and shout..

    SERVE US RIGHT LEH!!!!!!!

    Okay i'm not angry anymore. Please email me if you wanna share your experiences (good or bad) on the blog and contribute to "SERVE US RIGHT LEH"

    It might turn out fun and informative, it might turn out dead after one month. It depends. Lol. But for now, LET'S DO THIS THING!!!!! *RU-RAH!!!!!!!!*

Total Pageviews