Fit As a Fiddle


    Today's manicure was inspired by violins/fiddles/guitars, etc. I came up with the technique of layering several colors, and then using a big fluffy brush that was wet with acetone and brushing lightly, until the colors from underneath started to show. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, it gave the effect of aged, varnished wood, which is precisely what I was going for. :-P I'll probably try this again at some point with crazier colors.



    I used 2 coats of American Apparel Manila as a base, then 2 coats of American Apparel Pinto, then two coats of Sally Hansen Leather Frost, which I got at the Dollar Tree. Topped this off with 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat, let it dry, then proceeded to brush off the color with the acetone remover. For the F holes, I used American Apparel Hassid. Topped everything off with Seche Vite top coat.


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews