Dr. Seussical


    You'll never guess whose birthday it is today!! (Especially since Google sucks and didn't do a cool themed logo for it) You may already know, but this guy was the master of rhyme, silly illustrations, and odd characters that we all grew up with and still love. It's Dr. Seuss! Fun fact: Did you know that Seuss is actually supposed to be pronounced 'Soice'? Later in his career, he adopted the mispronunciation because it helped better relate his stories to that of Mother Goose, and because it was already widely pronounced the way we now know it as 'Soos'.

    Anyway, as a kid, I was no different than the masses, and I, too loved Dr. Seuss. (Just ask my mom!)  My favorite book was 'One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish', and even as a kid I knew it by heart! So today, on his birthday, (he'd be 107 years old today!) I decided to honor Dr. Seuss by doing 'One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish' nails!!



    I used MAC Vestral White as a base, with American Apparel Manila for the yellow fish, China Glaze Hey Sailor! from the Anchors Away Collection for the Dr. Seuss logo, the fins on the yellow fish, and for the entire red fish. :) For the green fish, I used BB Couture Poison Ivy for the green fish, CND Anchor Blue for the blue fish, then used American Apparel Hassid to outline everything as well as shade the letters in the logo. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat

    I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I Am!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews