Let Me Pick Your Brains...


    I love Halloween. I love the dressing up, the candy, the scares, the spooks, the pumpkins, everything. It's always ranked fairly high on my list of awesome holidays. Sadly, this year I was supposed to be out of the country 2 weeks before Halloween, so I didn't think about it that much, and I definitely didn't prepare for it. Little did I know I'd be experiencing so much trouble getting out of the country, and would be in the states to celebrate the holiday of Caspers and cavities. The problem is, I usually start thinking about Halloween sometime around August, I don't do Halloween half-assed. :-D So, in an effort to celebrate the holiday, I painted my nails with Halloween goodness. I chose to do Zombie nails, because who doesn't like zombies? (unless they're being chased by them, of course)  Pardon the small piece out of the middle nail. I managed to break the nail before I got a picture of this manicure! :(



    I used OPI Stranger Tides as a base, with American Apparel Raccoon brushed over it on a dry paper towel to dirty it up a bit. When it wasn't completely dry (mostly dry, but still dentable) I used my nails to gouge, scratch, and wrinkle the surface. The holes, dents, and scrapes I created were then filled with a mixture of Zoya Carmen and American Apparel Raccoon, then highlighted with Zoya Carmen on its own. To shade around the wounds, I mixed American Apparel Raccoon with OPI Stranger Tides, and to highlight, I mixed American Apparel California Trooper with OPI Stranger Tides. I topped everything with a coat of Essie Matte About You, then topped the bloody spots with Seche Vite top coat to make it glossy and sticky looking.

    Happy Halloween!!! :)

    In addition to the nails for today, while I was home visiting my family, my Aunt Roxanne expressed that she'd love for me to paint her nails, and that she really liked the Reverse Rockabilly design. I never really paint other people's nails, but I really like how they turned out. :)



Total Pageviews