The Ends.


    Wow. I can't believe it. I finished. This is one of the only major projects in my entire life that I've seen through to fruition, and I'm SO glad that you all were here to be part of it. (THANK YOU!!) This end is a little bittersweet for me, because I really loved the challenge of that 11:59:59 p.m. deadline every day (I often joke that I'm the Cinderella of nail bloggers), but also because I'm going to be able to take a break, or have a weekend away without having to pack a million bottles of nail polish and nail paraphernalia. Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere!! I found that I really enjoy doing this blog, and the interaction between me and all the wonderful people that read it. (that's you!!!) I plan to keep this project going, and while it might not be every day, my goal is to post every other day or so. (It'll be weird to have a manicure for more than a day! *GASP*)

    Since today is the very last day of my 365-day journey, I really wanted to end it with a bang, and with the same humor and nerdiness with which it started, so today's nails...are 'The Ends'. (animal 'ends', that is!!) Yes, this is my weird and twisted sense of humor, but I think that, considering you've been reading the blog to this point, you must like it. I did animal butts because I'm not a sappy gal, and I like to make you giggle- and most of all, I love doing crazy stuff on my nails that other people might think is weird...or gross? :-D That's me, and that's pretty much what my blog is about, weird awesomeness.

    On my left hand, I did a baby butt on the thumb, a deer butt (for my Uncle John & Aunt Kim and all the other Michiganders!) on my index finger, a zebra butt on my middle finger, a giraffe butt on my ring finger, and a cat butt on my pinky. (because how could I do this without a cat butt?!)

    On my right hand, I have an elephant butt on my thumb, pig butt on my index finger, a horse butt on my middle finger, a sheep butt (hehehe) on my ring finger, and a duck butt on my pinky!




    I used:


    Left hand:

    Thumb: baby butt

    MAC Abalone Shell as a base, shaded with Color Club Best Dressed List and Barielle Unravelled Rust, with Zoya Yummy for the background.

    Index: Deer butt

    Color Club Best Dressed List as a base, with brushed on lightly over it, then MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious lightly brushed over that. For the white, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud.

    Middle: Zebra Butt

    Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base, shaded with Orly Mirror, Mirror, then American Apparel Hassid for the black stripes, and L.A. Girl Army Green for the green background between the legs.

    Ring: Giraffe Butt

    American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with OPI Ginger Bells for the tail stripe, butter LONDON Minger for the spots, MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious for the tail. For the green in the background, I used both L.A. Girl Army Green and Zoya Shawn.

    Pinky: Cat Butt!!!

    butter LONDON Minger as a base, with American Apparel Summer Peach lightly brushed over that in spots (like around the butthole lol), and OPI Ginger Bells for the stripes. Between the legs is Barielle Unravelled Rust.


    Right hand:

    Thumb: Elephant Butt

    Essence Pointbreak as a base, with Orly Mirror, Mirror blotted on with a crumpled paper towel. To shade for the tail, I added American Apparel Hassid to both greys for the wrinkles and shading to create the tail.

    Index: Pig Butt

    H&M Summer Fresh as a base, shaded with Color Club Best Dressed List and Barielle Unravelled Rust, with a mix of American Apparel California Trooper and American Apparel Manila and Barielle Unravelled Rust for the straw between its legs.

    Middle: Horse Butt

    OPI Ginger Bells as a base, with Barielle Unravelled Rust over it, then removed partway with a brush soaked in acetone to give a 'sheen' to the coat. For the tail, I used a combination of American Apparel Hassid and MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious.

    Ring: Sheep Butt (hehehe)

    American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with a mixture of American Apparel California Trooper and MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious patted over it to give the wool texture, I then used MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious for the bottom half of the legs, shaded with American Apparel Hassid. For the grass, I used both L.A. Girl Army Green and Zoya Shawn.

    Pinky: Duck Butt

    Zoya Yummy as a base, with ULTA Moody Blue brushed on lightly over it to give the water texture. For the duck body, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base, shaded with Orly Mirror, Mirror and Essence Pointbreak, American Apparel Hassid was used for the tail feathers, then butter LONDON Minger for the legs, shaded with OPI Ginger Bells.

    Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.


    Man, I sure feel like an ass.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews