Mummy's Curse?


    As I've said before on here, I have always been fascinated to the point of obsession with ancient cultures and civilizations, with Egypt being my number one subject of interest. Now, most of us know the story of the boy king, King Tutankhamun (known as Tutankhaten as a prince, to change to Tutankhamun after he became Pharoah), who took the throne at the tender age of nine, only to pass it on after his death at the young age of 19. Did you know that researchers have found proof that Tutankhamun was the product of incest? Did you know that a few years into his reign, he overturned his father, Akhenaten's, rule that Aten (sun disk) be worshipped, in favor of returning the worship to the god Amun? It's all interesting stuff that I could read for hours and hours. Anyway, on to the nails. Today's nail art is my interpretation of the golden mask found on the mummy of Tutankhamun. The mask depicts him wearing the nemes, the striped head cloth that pharaohs wore in Ancient Egypt. On my thumb, is the cartouche of Tutankhamun with both the hieroglyphics for his name before and after being Pharaoh. Ok, enough with the history lesson, PICTURES!!




    I used China Glaze 2030 from Khrome Collection as a base, with gold leaf pressed onto it before it was dry. To paint the shadows, I mixed American Apparel Hassid with Seche Vite top coat, and for the highlights, I used Essie Bone Chilling White mixed with Seche Vite top coat. For the eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, with American Apparel Hassid to line, as well as for the eyebrows and nostrils. For the nemes cloth stripes, I used ULTA Moody Blues. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

    Walk like an egyptian.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews