Argyle Style


    A week or so ago, I got an email from Barielle about their new collection for fall- lovely browns, rusts, and golds. It took everything in my power not to buy them all. I even managed to talk myself out of even just getting a couple of them. However, I was not as successful when I was perusing my local Ulta a couple of days ago and happened to see the display of them, in all their autumn-colored glory. (when did Ulta start carrying Barielle colors? I knew they carried the treatments, but color? awesssome, I won't have to order!!) I got away with only getting two of them, with a coupon at that!! Anyway, polish colors made me think of old Grandpa socks- argyle style. (My buddy Jordan has a mini-obsession with argyle socks- he even has hot pink ones!)


    I used Barielle Unraveled Rust as a base for all nails but the ring finger, where I used Barielle Aura Angora as a base. For the argyle design, I used the same two colors, and reversed them, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the diagonal lines. I then topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

    Well, that really socks.

    On a side note, if you live in Las Vegas, you need to track down Slidin' Thru, the slider truck, it will change your life.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews