Feelin' Blue


    Last night, after 2 1/2 years living in Vegas, I finally got to see Blue Man Group perform. Holy crap was it ever worth the wait- it was amazing!! I love how three dudes that don't even talk can make me laugh for nearly 2 hours straight! Plus, when I wasn't laughing, I was in awe of what they were doing! My favorite part of the show was near the very end, but I won't spoil it for those who've never seen it. It was sooooo awesome. I hope I can go again at some point, it was a great night!! :) I loved it so much, in fact, that I was inspired to do a Blue Man Group manicure! I did the three blue guys on my index, middle and ring fingers, then I did the black of their shirts with neon paint splattered on them! :)


    Thought I'd show a blacklight picture, since they use blacklight in their performance!
    I used ALDO Sea You In Ibiza for a base for the blue men, with American Apparel Hassid for the pinky and thumb nails. To shade the faces, I used a mix of American Apparel Hassid and ALDO Sea You In Ibiza, then to highlight, I used a mix of ALDO Sea You In Ibiza and Orly Snowcone, then topped with Color Club Chelsea Girl. For the eyes, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, American Apparel Hassid for the pupils, MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious for one set of irises, a mix of MAC Blue India and L.A. Girl Army Green for the middle guy's irises, and a mixture of MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the left set of irises. For the paint splatter, I used China Glaze Sun Worshipper, China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, and Color Club Pucci-licious. Topped the middle three nails off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat, but didn't add it on the pinky and thumb because I wanted the splatter texture to stay visible.

    Some pix:

    They've definitely mastered the creepy stare. :-P

    The band and I- they looked SO rad when performing, only the color on their costume and faces showed in the blacklight!



Blog Archive

Total Pageviews